FREEMAN PARK DOG RULES
Residents and visitors have long enjoyed the beach area now known as Freeman Park. In fact, the area has become one of Carolina Beach's major attractions. Whether coming to the area to swim, camp, fish, or go boating, crabbing or casting for minnows, people love Freeman Park. Visitors are drawn to the beautiful beach with its variety of wildlife, dunes and majestic sea grasses indigenous to the region.
- Dogs are allowed in Freeman Park ON A LEASH between April 1st and September 30th.
- Dogs are allowed in Freeman Park OFF LEASH between October 1st and March 31st so long as they remain under voice command and the owner is within reasonable distance of the pet.
- The owner(s) of a dog(s) who harm or cause offenses or damages to the public or deposits waste upon public land or property will be held responsible for such action and must immediately clean up the waste.
- Dog owners must carry a minimum of two plastic bags, or other suitable plastic or paper containers, that can be used to clean up and contain dog waste until it can be disposed of in an appropriate container. The bags must be produced and shown upon request.
- Violations of these regulations will result in issuance of a $XXX fine/citation.
- For more information, please visit the official city/town website listed in the link below.
Freeman Park - Canal Dr., Carolina Beach, NC, 28428