Fort Fisher State Recreation Area is 287-acre located near Kure Beach. The area consists of the remains of the earthen Fort Fisher and a museum at Fort Fisher State Historic Site, an oceanfront beach pavilion, a large lagoon popular with windsurfers, and a long stretch of beach that is accessible only by four-wheel drive vehicles. There is plenty of parking and does not cost anything to park.
FORT FISHER STATE RECREATION AREA DOG RULES
- Dogs are allowed at Fort Fisher State Recreation Area all year
- Pets on the beach must be leashed at all times (6' leash)
- Pet waste cleanup laws are strict, and bags are provided for this purpose
- Violations of these regulations will result in issuance of a $XXX fine/citation.
- For more information, please visit the official website listed in the link below.
1000 Loggerhead Rd., Kure Beach, NC, 28449