Hours of Operation: Dawn to Dusk
- Completely Fenced In
- Mostly Dirt and Pine Straw (no grassy area)
- Two Dog Areas: Large dog & small dog areas (20 pounds or less)
- Water and Pet Waste Stations
- Several Benches and a Shelter
Dog Park Rules:
- Always clean up after your dog.
- Children under age 12 are not permitted.
- Dogs must have current license and vaccinations.
- Dogs that act in an aggressive manner must be muzzled or removed.
- Persistent mounting or other dominant behavior is not allowed.
- Owners are responsible for any injuries caused by their dogs.
- Food & toys are not allowed in the dog park.
- Do not leave dogs unattended.
- Upon entering or leaving the dog park, dogs must be on a leash.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited!
- Puppies less than 4 months of age are prohibited.
- Running, ball playing, and riding a bike are not permitted.
- If a person is bitten by a dog, please report it to Animal Control at 798.7500.
'JOLLY' RUFUS BARKING REVIEW:
I made my human take me to the park today - the dog park. He usually has me on a leash, but sometimes I need a little time away from him to play with the other dogs!!! The Dog Park at Empie is not bad. It is a fairly large dirt area inside a closed area with metal walls (my human calls it a fence) so us dogs can't run away --- like I ever would run away from my daddy - he gives me gud treets! There are two areas - one for big dogs like me and one for smaller dogs.
The park is mostly sand with no real grassy areas (can get muddy after a rain) but plenty of trees for shade. I don't mind as it's a great place to dig and roll all around in (though I think my human was a 'little teed' of the mess I made in the front seat with all the dirt I brought in on me from rolling around in --- but he still gave me a gud treet!!!!) The park does have a water fountain with tasty cold water and even a big round blue thing that humans fill with water so dogs can get in to (of course why would they want to get in there??? - BATHS SUCK!). See photo of Daisy my friend taking a bath (she isn't the smartest dog by taking baths on purpose:-)
All the dogs I met were friendly, but I am getting to be an elderly dog and would rather watch the whipper-snappers play and run among themselves than completely go all out like in my youth days. So humans, be warned, older dogs might get hounded by younger dogs - so be careful.
3405 Park Ave., Wilmington, NC, 28403