DOG PARKS RULES & REGULATIONS:
Taking Your Dog to Cape Fear Dog Parks
Almost nothing could be more finer for your dog than visiting a pack of friends and new meet-ups; chasing balls in wide open spaces; running and running and running; cooling off in a plastic container filled with water. In other words —– DOG PARK!
Before taking your best friend for an outing, please respect the Cape Fear area Dog Parks Rules and Regulations. Listed below are pretty much the main rules for all the three counties dog parks, though an individual park may have an extra rule or regulation (these will be posted at each individual dog park). These rules are here to make sure everyone (both pawed and non-pawed) have an awesome and safe time. You wouldn’t want Rover to be thrown out, would you???
- Leash pets at all times outside the off leash areas
- Dogs shall wear a collar with owner identification and county license and rabies vaccination at all times while in the parks. It shall be unlawful for an owner to fail to provide current rabies inoculation for any dog 4 months or older (dogs under 4 mos. are not allowed in the dog park area). The metal tag shall be securely fastened to the dog’s collar
- Never leave your dog unattended.
- You are at all times solely responsible for your dog’s behavior and any damage or injury your dog may cause. If your dog inflicts an injury, give your name and number to the person injured, or other dog owner before leaving.
- All bites must be reported by contacting the Animal Control Office at:
— Brunswick: 910.754.8204 | New Hanover: 910.798.6500 | Pender: 910.259.1349
- Acts of aggression against other dogs or people are prohibited. Dogs must be removed if they become uncontrollable.
- Scoop and properly dispose of your pet’s waste
- Female dogs, while in heat, are not permitted to use the off leash area
- Handlers must carry a leash and remain inside the fenced area within view and voice control of their dogs at all times.
- Handlers must fill any holes created by their dogs.
- Children under 12 years are prohibited from being inside the off leash area.
- Choke, prong, pinch and spike collars are prohibited in the off leash area.
- Parks staff have the authority to close the site for maintenance, weather related problems and special events.
- Owners who fail to abide by rules and regulations are subject to loss if park privileges.
EXTRA: Cape Fear Area Dog Parks Detailed Information *** In Progress ***
Looking for the complete list Cape Fear area Dog Parks for Brunswick, New Hanover and Pender counties? Then be sure to visit our Parks & Trails section. Each dog park is featured with park information and amenities, photo gallery, video (we working on those!) and a detailed ‘BARKing Review’ by our very own mascot “Jolly” Rufus!