July 4, 2006
New Hanover County
Stopping every 30 seconds to sniff the flowers, and to sniff the bushes, and to sniff the pinecone, and to sniff the ...
To see if can hog even more than 80% of the bed at night!
Cujo (Stephen King knows how to write about us doggies!)
Cats vs. Dogs. We KNOW who wins!!!
Scooby Doo - its'awesome how he is so brave in the face of so much danger!
Mad Dog by Anvil - "I'm a depraved, deranged flea-bitten hound" ... BEST LYRIC EVER!
(1) Fetch The Stick And Chewing It (2) Bed Hogging (3) Licking My Butt Then Wanting Human Kisses!
Anything that is cooked on the stove or in the oven or gotten out of a box or bag - esp. if it is labeled 'People' food and not 'Dog' food!
Like to wake 'my pet' up at 6 or 7 am even if he didn't go to sleep until 3am!!!
A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Rufus is a ‘Rescue Dog’ from New Hanover Humane Society.
- Named after the famed (but much feared and dreaded) pirate flag the ‘Jolly Roger’. Always in a great, and JOLLY mood, she nevertheless terrorizes land-lubbers mercilessly by licking and slobbering their face.
- 10 years old and her birthday is July 4th. She always gets a steak and a new toy (which will eventaully be torn to shreds across the living room floor!)
- She has mastered the look of ‘poor ole starving me’ puppy-dog eyes at dinnertime! And I am a sucker for falling for it EVERY time:(
- Being named after a pirate theme object, it would seem she would love water. NO WAY JOSE!! If water is deeper than .25 inch, she flees in terror!
- It’s my fault for introducing her to the concept of bed-lounging. I’m lucky if she deems me worthy enough of keeping more than 6 inches of corner bed space for myself!
- She is sometimes ‘deaf as a doornail’ until certain magical words are said (or even whispered dozens of feet away) – “Who wants a walk outside?” or “Scooby Snack”!